TC32 - Multimedia Coding and Communications
Scope - Programme of work - Task & Editor Groups - Activities - Standards and Technical Reports - TC32
presentation - CSTA
- QSIG - Personal Networks - Spatial coding
- To maintain an overall view and strategy for standardisation and to prepare and maintain Ecma Standards and Technical Reports required in the field of multimedia coding and communications, including transmission.
- To monitor, coordinate and pursue standardisation at a global level with
regard to ISO/IEC JTC 1 , including its SC 6 and SC 29,
and the international standardisation world in general.
- To work together with ETSI
within the framework for standardisation under the terms of the Co-operation
Agreement between ETSI and Ecma, for publication of European
standards and technical reports.
- To promote unified international standards.
General items addressed by standards and technical reports are architecture, service, protocol, interface, compatibility, management and applications aspects.
The field of communications includes:
- Computer Supported Telecommunications Applications (CSTA) (see TC32-TG11);
- Architecture, service and protocol aspects of narrowband and broadband Private Integrated
Services Networks (PISNs) (see TC32-TG14);
- IP-based multimedia communications in a business environment,
including interoperability of narrowband and broadband PISNs
with IP networks (see TC32-TG17);
- Personal Networks and their federations (TC32-PNF).
In scope are also energy efficient solutions for coding and transmission of 3D audio content, including, but not limited to:
Further subjects for standardisation are:
- Test sequences and methods for quality assessment of Multimedia output
Programme of work:
- To address requirements and strategic plans for standardisation in the scope, and to align, harmonize and as far as possible remain compatible with standards for multimedia coding and communications as well as standards in related fields.
- To be responsible for and co-ordinate the planning and work of the Task Groups within TC32. In particular, to review and approve work items of the task groups.
- To review and approve draft Standards and Technical Reports prepared by the task groups for submission to the Ecma General Assembly and onwards submission to ISO/IEC JTC 1, ETSI and other standardisation organizations as appropriate.
- To maintain liaisons with other Ecma TCs working in related
- To maintain liaison with, monitor and contribute to the work
of ISO/IEC JTC 1, ITU-T, ETSI, IETF, and other international,
regional and national standards organizations and consortia,
to present Ecma proposals and to comment on their proposals.
- Dr. B. Hammer
- Mr. O. Elzinga (Ecma)