TC38-TG1 - Chemical Emissions
Scope - Programme of work - TC38
In TG1, experts from the BAM, WKI, JBMIA and Ecma collaborate to harmonise methods to determine the Fine Particle (FP) and Ultrafine Particle (UFP) emissions from hard copy devices. As a result the final draft 5th edition of ECMA-328 is presented to Ecma for voting and will be submitted to JTC 1 for fast-track after positive voting. The described test methods are aligned with “Test method for the determination of emissions from Hard Copy Devices” (RAL-UZ 122). In addition the 5th edition fixes some errors that has been reported by SC 28
- Develop a determination for Ultra Fine Particulates
- Coordinate future revisions of ISO/IEC 28360
- Maintain liaisons to ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 28, IEC/TC 108 and IEC TC 111
- Contribute to IEC 62368 especially clause 8 / chemical hazards
through Ecma’s category A liaison with IEC TC 108
- Collaborate with ISO/TC 146 SC 6 “Indoor air”
- Share and evaluate indoor air related media coverage with respect to IT/CE equipment
- Develop models for indoor air health assessments
- Share actual findings on research in indoor air chemistry and particulate matter
- Observing actual developments in indoor air measurement technology
ECMA-328 development history
Ecma submitted the 2nd edition of ECMA-328 to ISO/IEC JTC 1’s fast track approval process. ISO and IEC approved it in March 2007 as ISO/IEC 28360 “Determination of Chemical Emission Rates from Electronic Products”.
Ecma approved the 4th edition of ECMA-328, which is fully aligned with the 1st edition of ISO/IEC 28360, in their General Assembly in December 2009.