TC49 - Programming Languages (formerly TC39)
Scope - Programme of work - Activities - Task Groups
- the programming language C # (C "sharp")
- the programming language Eiffel
- a Common Language Infrastructure (CLI)
- a CLI binding for C++
- additional programming languages with cross-language bindings
- additional vendor-neutral, cross-language programming platforms
Programme of work:
- To develop a standard for the programming language C # (pronounced C "sharp").
- To develop a standard for the Common Language Infrastructure (CLI).
- To develop a standard for the programming language Eiffel.
- To develop a standard set of language extensions to provide a CLI binding for C++.
- To contribute the standards to ISO/IEC JTC 1.
- To investigate the further direction of standards developed by TC49.
- To evaluate and consider proposals for complementary or additional technology.
- To maintain liaison with appropriate other Ecma TCs and TGs and with ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 22.
- Mrs. C. Eidt (Microsoft)
- Dr. Istvan Sebestyen (Ecma International)