Private Integrated Services Network (PISN)
- Circuit Mode 64kbit/s Bearer Services - Service Description,
Functional Capabilities and Information Flows (BCSD)
3rd edition (December 2001)
This Standard specifies the service description and control aspects, including functional capabilities and information flows, of standardised circuit-mode bearer services which may be supported by a Private Integrated Services Network (PISN).
This Standard includes the following basic services:
- Circuit-mode 64 kbit/s unrestricted 8 kHz structured bearer service category;
- Circuit-mode 64 kbit/s 8 kHz structured bearer service category usable for speech information transfer;
- Circuit-mode 64 kbit/s 8 kHz structured bearer service category usable for 3,1 kHz audio information transfer.
A PISN shall support at least one of the above three bearer services to conform with this Standard.
The scope of this Standard does not include:
- the negotiation of service at call establishment time,
- the change of service during a call, and
- unidirectional services.
This Standard includes optional procedures for the provision of functions equivalent to the following public ISDN supplementary services: Subaddress and Multiple Subscriber Number.
The following file can be freely downloaded:
||1 437 339
||Acrobat (r) PDF file
This Ecma publication is also approved as ISO/IEC 11574.
The previous replaced "historical" editions of this Ecma Standard are available here.