Information Interchange on 300 mm Optical
Disk Cartridges of the Write Once, Read Multiple (WORM) Type using
the CCS Method
This Ecma Standard specifies the characteristics of 300 mm optical
disk cartridges (ODC) of the WORM type providing for embossed
information and for data to be written once and read multiple
times using the Continuous Composite Servo (CCS) tracking method.
- the conditions for conformance testing and the reference drive;
- the mechanical and physical characteristics of the cartridge,
so as to provide mechanical interchangeability between data
- the format of the information on the disk, both embossed and
- the characteristics of the embossed information on the disk;
- the optical characteristics of the disk, enabling processing
systems to write data onto the disk;
- the minimum quality of user-written data on the disk, enabling
data processing systems to read data from the disk.
Together with the standard for Volume and File Structure, this
Standard provides for full data interchange between data processing
systems. Interchange involves the ability to write and read data
without introducing any error.
The following file can be freely downloaded:
||6 273 906
||Acrobat (r) PDF file
This Ecma publication is also approved as ISO/IEC 13403.