Data Interchange on 356 mm Optical Disk
Cartridges - WORM, using Phase Change Technology Capacity: 14,8
and 25 Gbytes per Cartridge
This Ecma Standard specifies the characteristics of 356 mm Optical
Disk Cartridges (ODCs) of the type providing for information to
be written once and read many times.
This Ecma Standard specifies:
- definitions of essential concepts,
- the environment in which the characteristics shall be tested,
- the environments in which the cartridge shall be operated
- the mechanical, physical and dimensional characteristics
of the case and of the optical disk,
- the optical characteristics and the recording characteristics
for recording the information once and for reading it many times,
so as to provide physical interchangeability between data processing
- the format for the physical disposition of the tracks and
sectors, the error correction codes, the modulation methods
used for recording and the quality of the recorded signals.
Together with a standard for volume and file structure, this Ecma
Standard provides for full data interchange between data processing
The following file can be freely downloaded:
||3 005 865
||Acrobat (r) PDF file
This Ecma publication is also approved as ISO/IEC 15898.