This Standard specifies requirements intended to ensure that measurement uncertainty is considered and applied in a uniform manner.
This Standard is applicable to:
- Test Laboratories, who conduct type-tests in accordance with defined standards, and subsequently produce test reports, and
- Certification Organisations, who use the type-test results as a basis for issuing a certificate of conformity, and
- Standards Bodies who produce type-test standards and correspondingly define type-test.
The “Test Laboratories”, Certification Organisations and “Standards Bodies” may be:
- first party suppliers, in a contract,
- second parties purchasers, in a contract, or
- third parties independent, of a contract.
NOTE 1 – As may be seen from the above description, there is a clear distinction made between the responsibilities of laboratories and certification organisations. This distinction is in accordance with the ISO/IEC Guides and EN 45000 series of standards.