Download this standard
This Standard ECMA-219 defines three applications:
- an Authentication Application,
- a Privilege Attributes Application,
- a Key Distribution Application.
These are distributed Security Applications that provide services concerned with authentication and access control, along with related key distribution information. This definition includes:
- data elements for authentication and access control purposes,
- services for the authentication of human users of computer based systems as well as other active entities,
- services for the provision of Privilege Attributes for purposes of access control in distributed open systems,
- the means of protecting authentication information and Privilege Attributes in interchange between open systems,
- key distribution information for establishing the keys used in this protection.
The last two of these facilities requires that the above applications support a Key Distribution Service, which can either be provided integrally, or as a separate application.
- ECMA-219, 1st editionNo file available