This Standard defines Office Open XML’s vocabularies and document representation and packaging. It also specifies requirements for consumers and producers of Office Open XML. ECMA-376 contains 4 parts but only part 2 has been adopted in the last edition of the Standard.
An Office Open XML overview is available below under ressources.
The four parts of the Standard are the following:
- Part 1 “Fundamentals And Markup Language Reference”, 5th edition, December 2016
- Part 2 “Open Packaging Conventions”, 5th edition, December 2021
- Part 3 “Markup Compatibility and Extensibility”, 5th edition, December 2015
- Part 4 “Transitional Migration Features”, 5th edition, December 2016
- Office Open XML overviewDownload