This Standard specifies maintenance of network connectivity and presence by proxies to extend the sleep duration of hosts.
This Standard specifies:
- Capabilities that a proxy may expose to a host.
- Information that must be exchanged between a host and a proxy.
- Proxy behaviour for 802.3 (Ethernet) and 802.11 (WiFi).
- Required and Option behaviour of a proxy while it is operating, including responding to packets, generating packets, ignoring packets, and waking the host.
This Standard does not:
- Specify communication mechanisms between hosts and proxies.
- Extend or modify the referenced specifications (and for any discrepancies those specifications are authoritative).
- Support security and communication protocols such as IPsec, MACSec, SSL, TLS, Mobile IP, etc.
- ECMA-393, 1st edition, February 2010Download
- Patent statement and licensing declarationDownload