This ECMA Standard Distributed Application for Message Interchange (MIDA):
- defines a MIDA model based on store and forward capabilities for asynchronous communication between an undetermined number of users (See Clause 2);
- defines operations on the MIDA model as abstract interactions between the MIDA service users and the MIDA service provider (See Clause 3);
- defines the protocols to support the above services and their mapping onto the underlying service (See Clause 4);
- specifies the requirements for conformance with these protocols (See Clause 5).
This Standard defines what is needed for a basic Message transfer and access to MIDA. It provides the consistent technical basis for further MIDA protocol standards with extended scope.
This Standard defines what is needed for compatible interconnection between information processing systems. It does not define local interactions between the MIDA service user and the MIDA service. It in no way defines interlayer interfaces.
This Standard is for distributed applications located in the Application Layer of Open Systems Interconnection (See ISO 7498) and includes a presentation definition for this application.
- ECMA-93, 1st edition, September 1984Download