This Report describes a Framework for Distributed Office Applications in an office environment.
Its content can be grouped in four major parts:
- An introductory part (clause 1) in which references, definitions and abbreviations are collected together;
- A statement of the requirements to be satisfied by this framework (clause 2);
- A tutorial approach to the definition of the fundamental concepts associated with distributed office applications: basic concepts needed to define the relationships between the generic communicating elements (clause 3), the naming concepts (clause 4) and the security concepts (clause 5) needed for distributed office applications;
- A brief description of the supportive applications available in the framework (clause 6);
- A description of how the supportive applications are used by the productive applications in the framework (clause 7);
- Guidelines for the design of protocols for distributed office applications (clause 8).
This Framework will be the basis for future definitions of applications and protocols in ECMA on this subject.