Case for 120 mm DVD-RAM Disks
This Ecma Standard specifies the characteristics of a case for
use with 120 mm DVD-RAM disks as specified in Standard ECMA-272.
The present Ecma Standard specifies three related, but different
implementations of such cases, viz.
- Type 1
- Provides a case for a one-sided (Type 1S) or a two-sided (Type
2S) DVD-RAM disk such that the disk can not be removed from
the case. This case is reversible.
- Type 2
- Provides a case for a one-sided DVD-RAM disk (Type 1S) such
that the disk may be removed from the case. This case is not
- Type 3
- Provides a case into which a one-sided DVD-RAM disk (Type
1S) may be inserted, then used as a cartridge. This case is
This Ecma Standard specifies:
- the environments in which the cases are to be operated and
- the dimensional and mechanical characteristics of the case,
so as to provide mechanical interchangeability between data
This Ecma Standard provides for mechanical interchange between optical
disk drives. Together with Standard ECMA-272
for 120 mm DVD-RAM disks and a standard for volume and file structure,
it provides for full data interchange between data processing systems.
The following files can be freely downloaded:
||Acrobat (r) PDF file
This Ecma publication is also approved as ISO/IEC 16825.