To standardize a common language infrastructure (CLI) to support C#, ECMAScript and other modern languages.
Programme of work:
- To develop CLI standards including:
- A common type system used across all supported programming languages
- Execution Engine Architecture
- A system architecture and type system
- Metadata syntax and semantic
- File format including validation rules
- Program verification rules that ensure type safety
- A common intermediate language format for code download and execution, along with metadata that describes the requirements and capabilities of the code
- A small set of base classes that provide language support and basic application portability
- Upon completion of item 1, to investigate the future direction of CLI standards, and to evaluate and consider proposals for complementary or additional technology.
- To establish and maintain liaison with other Ecma TCs and with other Standards Development Organisations (SDOs) as appropriate to facilitate and promulgate the work of the TG.
Secretary: Patrick Luthi (Ecma International)