This Technical Report illustrates call scenarios for Services for Computer Supported Telecommunications Applications (CSTA Phase III).
The scenarios are only for information and as such ECMA-269 (Services) and ECMA-285 (Protocol) Standards may define additional options or parameters. The purpose of this Technical Report is to provide examples of some CSTA Service invocations and illustrate associated call event reports. It is not an exhaustive document and some implementations may not perform as illustrated within this document, while still conforming to the Standard.
Each scenario includes a textual description and an illustration.
Illustrations use the same key as described within ECMA-269. For each scenario, message sequences are listed for all device type monitored devices – call type monitors have not been illustrated. All devices have device type monitors set with no events masked. The columns in each scenario represent the following:
- The Activity column includes a brief description of the telephony activity. The activity can either be initiated by a service invocation or manually.
- The Monitored Device(s) columns list events generated for the specified device-type monitor or a service request and service response.
- The Comments column describes additional information on the activity.
All mandatory parameters is CSTA messages are provided. In addition, all conditional parameters that are required in the context of the scenario are provided. Optional parameters are generally not included unless they are useful in the context of illustrating a specific scenario. The mandatory, conditional, and optional classification of parameters in CSTA messages are specified in ECMA-269.
The monitorCrossRefID parameter in events is not shown.
DeviceIDs are illustrated by Dn and ConnectionIDs in the form DnCn. All Device IDs are within the same switching sub-domain unless otherwise indicated or stated. Any exception comments are made in the final column Comments.
- ECMA TR/82, 1st edition, December 2000Download
- ECMA TR/82, errata, April 2008Download