To identify and develop the minimum number of standards necessary for data interchange and/or storage by means of digitally recorded systems, e.g. optical, magnetic and holographic systems (such as disks, cartridges,…) , and standards necessary for determining the life expectancy of such media.
To study existing Ecma and ISO/IEC labeling, volume and file structure standards and, where necessary, initiate and pursue the development of volume and file structure standards.
Programme of work:
- To develop standards for optical disks and disk cartridges of 60 mm, 80 mm, 90 mm, 120 mm , 130 mm, 300 mm and 356 mm.
- To develop standards on methods for determining the life expectancy of optical storage media.
- To assume responsibility for the maintenance of Ecma Standards prepared by TC31.
- To monitor technological developments in the field of optical disks and disk cartridges.
- To maintain liaison with other standards organizations in order to present Ecma proposals to them and to make comments to their proposals.
- Chairman: Taku Hoshizawa (Hitachi)
- Vice-Chairman: Kei Yamashita (Emeritus member)
- Secretary: Patrick Luthi (Ecma International)