- To prepare and maintain Ecma Standards and Technical Reports required in the field of multimedia coding and communications, including transmission.
- General items addressed by Standards and Technical Reports are architecture, service, protocol, interface, compatibility, management, media coding and applications aspects.
- To monitor, coordinate and pursue standardization as needed with regard to ISO/IEC JTC1 SC 6 and SC 29 and ITU-T SG16.
Programme of work:
1. To maintain Ecma Standards and Technical Reports in the field of:
- Computer Supported Telecommunications Applications (CSTA);
- Architecture, service and protocol aspects of narrowband and broadband Private Integrated Services Networks (PISNs);
- IP-based multimedia communications in a business environment, including interoperability of narrowband and broadband PISNs with IP networks;
- Spatial Audio (S5-Coding).
2. To provide the framework for standardization of Animated JPEG as an optional extension of the JPEG-1 standard1 (ITU-T T.81 | ISO/IEC 10918-1). This includes requirements, architecture, coding of animated JPEG-1 images, file format and examples of software implementations. This extension is planned to be developed under the Ecma Royalty Free IPR policy.
- Chair: Bernard Hammer (Ecma International)
- Secretary: Patrick Luthi (Ecma International)