To recommend standards for determining the noise outputs of different categories of individual items of information technology equipment intended for use in defined working environments; standards for determining total noise levels in the said working environments, these standards to include corresponding methods of measurement; preferred methods of predicting total levels if units of known noise output are installed together.
Programme of work:
- To categorize the acoustical environments in which information technology equipment is required to work.
- To survey the various recommendations and requirements for the acoustical environments of these areas.
- To make recommendations for standard methods of measuring and specifying the noise output of equipment, taking into account the work of ISO/TC43.
- To consider any special requirements that may arise during non-standard operation, e.g. servicing.
- To consider what information should be supplied by the manufacturer to facilitate optimum installation and to make recommendations.
- To follow developments affecting acoustical environment in places of work.
- To assume responsibility for the maintenance of Ecma Standards prepared by TC26.
- To maintain liaison with other standards organizations in order to present Ecma proposals to them and to make comments on their proposals.
- Chairman: Seth Bard (IBM)
- Vice-Chairman: Dave Ali (Microsoft)
- Charles Oppenheimer (Ecma International)
- Robert Hellweg (Ecma International)