Standardization of Optical Disk Cartridges since 1984
Third Programme of Work of TC31, 1997 – 2000
The third programme of work adopted by TC31 comprises the development of:
- 120 mm DVD – Read-Only disk standard, published as ECMA-267 and ISO/IEC 16448.The third, improved edition of ECMA-267 was published in April 2001.
- 80 mm DVD – Read-Only disk standard, published as ECMA-268 and ISO/IEC 16449. The third, improved edition of ECMA-268 was published in April 2001.
- 120 mm DVD-RAM disk standard, published as ECMA-272 and ISO/IEC 16824.
- a standard for the case for DVD-RAM disks, published as ECMA-273 and ISO/IEC 16825.
- 120 mm ODC with RW format (+ RW), published as ECMA-274 and ISO/IEC 16969.
- 120 mm/80 mm DVD-R disk standard, published as ECMA-279 and ISO/IEC 20563.
- 130 mm ODC of the WORM type with a capacity of 5,2 Gbytes. This standard is based on ISO/IEC 15286. The development of this standard follows the same approach as used for ECMA-238 which is based on ISO/IEC 14517. Published as ECMA-280 and ISO/IEC 18093.
- 300 mm ODC of the WORM type with a capacity of 30 Gbytes, published as ECMA-317 and ISO/IEC 20162
- 356 mm ODC of the WORM type with a capacity of 14,8 Gbytes and 25 Gbytes, published as ECMA-260 and adopted under the ISO/IEC JTC 1 fast-track procedure as ISO/IEC 15898.